Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm Back: Redux

Okay, so I don't really want to go into details too deeply, but due to personal circumstances I've been... busy the last two months. So what's changed? New address, where all I took was my clothes, toothbrush, my files, iPod, pillows (no bed) and laptop. Yep, you heard right: a gamer from the time I was 4 on my parents' Atari through the ages, suddenly without a single gaming system! But I have learned two major things:

1) Personal belongings get in the way!! I am just as happy watching TV on our 19" TV with no HD or premium cable (DO have the basic package though!) and, again, no gaming systems, as I was before.

2) I am a casual gamer, so other than missing Rock Band (which is expensive as all hell to replace), all the games I could ever want are here on the computer anyway!

"So Charlie, what have you been up to in nearly 2 months," you ask? Well, Crush the Critters is getting ever-closer; the list of to-dos is getting smaller and smaller. I moved and I'm learning to be independent. I know that 25 year olds should know how to do things on their own, but I've never had to - I moved out when I was 18 directly in with Gwen, and had been with her since. Stepping up might be scary, sure, but it's a part of life.

I am now going to blog nightly, about whatever the heck might be going on, no matter how mundane! Oh, what you have to look forward to! *Insert evil laugh here*

2 comments:

O_o said...

YAY! for blogging! I'm 'sited for you.
As for only being 25 and not knowing how to be independant and what not, there are people far older than you who have no clue. I, well, am younger...so that doesn't support my point. BUT I am in the same boat of learning independance.
I am sorry you're without games...

::huggles::
Wanda Mae

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

LOL It's okay, it happens. There are so many great games on the computer anyway. Peggle, for instance, geez that game is ADDICTIVE!!

And Yes, I guess you're right, being younger you still have time to learn. But point made, thank you :)