Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Friday, June 20, 2008

PaD (3) 10: The Isles Ch. 2 - The Poet

Fingers tap, tap, tappity-tap,
I try to write,
Think, think, think,
Yet no words come.
Chug, chug, chuging my soda
Teeth rotting, but nothing...

I don't understand,
I've been given the gift of word assembly!
Master of putting words together in the best of ways,
Yet so often I am stuck sitting here,
Blaze in my mind
Scorching through fingertips
For this world, so fortunate to read it.

Oh, the sea....

Azure waves,
Living, breathing as they caress the sand,
Nature's way of reminding us that all we need,
All we could ever possibly want,
We can find right here without the televisions
The mp3 players
The computers
The cars
The games
The internet
The movies
The action figures...
Even the ones to 1/16 scale of lesser known but awesome characters.

The words are forgotten
As stiff fingers are enveloped by cool, flowing sand,
Hands digging, searching...
I have always felt this urge.
This urge to search the sand,
Dig, seek out something, anything...

And now I know why....

Buried no more,
I have discovered you,
You are mine and mine alone.
My precious...

No comments: