Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PaD (3) 15.5: The Isles Ch. 5 - The Portal

This portal be leading through time and space,
It leaves this world for another place.
Have ye fun, argh, and hop inside,
Trust me, matey, you'll enjoy the ride.”

The pirate smiled and laughed his laugh,
Boisterous, like a pirate Santa,
Laughing “har har har” instead of “ho ho ho.”

Then suddenly....

This feeling rushed over me
Hairs on my neck not just standing,
But doing a most complex tango.
Goosebumps begetting goslingbumps.
Heart beating as though my ribs would soon snap,

Yet all the while this warmth engulfed me...
Now I know there's no light at the end of the tunnel;
Who wants blinding, radiant light
When this gentle, inviting warmth can lead you instead?

The air itself tingled,
As if each molecule were a tiny finger,
Gently massaging, urging onward, never pushing,
Encouraging following the wild colors.

Tacky turquoises, mustard yellows, ketchup reds...
It wasn't as though I could see it in the distance
It was as if even the atoms were tie dyed,
A comic strip illustrator who had snapped and gone mad,
Then pasted my pale-fleshed self upon it.

Here it comes.....

No comments: