Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

PaD (3) 12: The Isles Ch. 4 - Wish Granted

*deep breath*


IWasAllHoppedUpOnCaffeineAndTaurine

WithNoSleepForTwoWholeDays

ANaturalHighInMySystemFr....


Okay, Jonathan, maybe I should take this one...


With calluses upon his fingertips,

Raw, blistered, numbed, trembling,

Fighting to hold onto the papers within his hands,

Excitement and a boatload of caffeine the only things keeping him awake.


Compass glistening with sweat,

Slippery, needle dancing every which way.

Fingers rubbing frantically as the split pea soup smoke once again emerged...


Argh!” The pirate said, “Finally done, then?

You had me wait two days, I'm not going to wait again.”


Relax, pushy pirate, yes I'm all set,

But don't get all angry, I'm the master, don't forget.

My wish is right here, on these pages in my hands,

Take them, my perfectly well-crafted plans.”


As the papers floated from trembling digits

The poet nearly fell, their weight suddenly gone.


Argh! How you wrote this in two days I can't possibly comprehend,

For it'd take three weeks for mortal man to read from beginning to end.

Lucky for you, lawyers are quick readers of every wish made,

I hope there be no mistakes, for if so, I'd be very afraid...”


And a moment after the pages vanished,

A swirling rainbow of a portal appeared...

The black center beckoning.


Just enter right here, yer wish be inside,

Hang on tight, argh, and enjoy the ride.”

No comments: