Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Friday, May 2, 2008

PaD 54 AND 55/365

Oops.... I thought I had published the post, but apparently I saved it as a draft by mistake instead. So I'll post both of them today. For those who don't trust that I wrote it yesterday, you can find it over at trupoets.com!!!

----------------

PaD 54: Exile: Phonetically!

I've come to this door every day,

EVERY day for years.

Yet when I stuck my key inside...


Click... wiggle wiggle... wiggle wiggle...

NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DENIED!!


Oh, right...

We changed the locks.

Oops.


Click.... CLICK. YES!

ACCESS GRANTED!


Turning the knob.... Yet it doesn't go.

Why?


RING RING... RING RING...

No wait, this is the age of the cell phone.

What crazy music is on her cell?


[To the tune of Mozart's “Eine Kleine Nachtmusik”]

Hey,

It's me,

Someone is calling now!

So,

You should

Answer me and talk.

Or else

This person miiight think

That you don't liiiike them

And leave a bad message

Like....


CLICK


Hello?

Yeah, I can't get in the door.

You WHAT?


She changed the other lock too.

And my stuff is outside in one of those huge tupperware things...

Well Craaaaapppp...

Eeeexiiiiiiileeeeeee-D.




-------------------


PaD 55: The Ghost of You

The Ghost of You


I know YOU're there.

Yeah YOU.


YOU,

Who makes my fingers use YOUR word

WE”

When I was going to use MY word,

I.”


YOU,

Who somehow

Simultaneously | Simultaneously

Makes ME feel

More | Less

Lonely with my

Joy in | Desire for

YOU.


But, who are

YOU?

Ah, but I know...


YOU are not

One person,

One love,

No.


YOU are not even multiple people:

No harem,

No party,

No.


No, YOU are much more.

YOU are pure essence

Like corked champagne,

Its cork bursting, flying free

YOU pour

Unrestrained.


YOU are memories, longing, recollection.

YOU are soft caresses, cuddles, tenderness.

YOU are rockin' music, speeding down the highway, teary-eyed laughter.


But really,

It doesn't matter WHO YOU ARE,

Simply THAT YOU ARE.

2 comments:

O_o said...

awww, so cute! incrediably sweet!

O_o said...

okay, so I commented only on the second one in that first posted comment. As for the first one about exile...DAYUM!