Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

PaD 33/365: The Silly Poet's Anthem

Coming to realize it's okay to be a silly poet, I wrote this one today!

------------------

THE SILLY POET'S ANTHEM

There is always a place for meter and rhyme,

But this is not the place, and this is not the time.

This is a poem for those who want a few chuckles (Chuckles?)

When life has them down and really sucks...les.

I will appreciate poetry for all it can be,

Both serious and deep as well as funny, I decree.

Humor is not a thing to be held ransom,

And so I recite The Silly Poet's Anthem.


I hereby do attest,

Not all poems must rhyme.

Not all poems must flow.

Not all poems must be serious.

Not all poems must even be good.

Nor must all poems make sense.

Not all poems must be written.

Not all poems are words at all.


Sometimes the best poem is the way you laugh.

I'd say, in fact, laughs to thought should be half to half,

For as important as it is to decipher life's facts,

It's just as important to sit back and chillax.

And I swear, I'd totally put my money where my arse is,

To say that laughter is a mind's best catharsis.

So go ahead, laugh, smile, giggle, chuckle,

Once you do, you'll most surely be in luck...le.

1 comment:

O_o said...

where is your sill poetic arse anyway???