Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Friday, April 11, 2008

PaD 34/365: Rise to Fall Again

This was written for a challenge on writing a song on your favorite band. I said I'd write one about MANY favorite bands, since I could never have just one; this first one is for Rise Against, and it is a song lyric:

----------------------------------

RISE TO FALL AGAIN

I'm no one man army,

But I stand.

I'm no invincible tank,

But I will take what you've got.

I'm no bored superhero,

But I will fight for those who are weak.

I'm no suave, teched-out spy,

But I will dust off the dirt when I fall and rise.


[CHORUS]

And I will rise

And I will fall again.

We never truly stand if we do not risk the fall

Like we never know health without fighting sickness

I will rise

And I will fall again.


We're no dynamic duo,

But we can withstand what life's got.

We're no merry men,

But we are not afraid to stand against an evil sheriff.

We're no Rich and Famous,

But we get the bills paid.

We don't have to be here,

But we are, and we will be until our time comes.


[REPEAT CHORUS]


[Solo]

I will Rise....

I will rise....

WE WILL RISE

TO FALL

AND RISE ONCE MORE!!!


[REPEAT CHORUS]


[Instruments slowing, quiet, gentle single guitar with light taps on cymbals on drum only]


And I will fall...

Yes I will fall...

We will fall...

But.......


[Instruments pick back up]


WE WILL RISE

WE WILL RISE AGAIN

WE WILL RISE AGAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN!!!!!