Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Depth and Lessons

So yeah.... I got serious on the first one, so decided I'd have to write a sillier one to go along with it. The surprise was that the nonserious one was the one with a better meaning behind it! Oh coincidence, how I love you... Write enough poems every day and you're bound to hit on something good :)

Today was an excellent day *knocks on cyberwood*, and so full of lessons. Car was fixed *KNOCKS MUCH HARDER*, and I had bought lunch today, spent $8.50 at KFC after buying an extra Stacker for later. Accidentally threw it out (meh, just a buck, right?), then went to pay for the car. $613.17. Open my wallet, count it out: $611. DAMNIT!!! Whip out change in pocket, up to $613.02. Wow, suddenly a dollar means the world, doesn't it? I had change in the car, but the point there is - IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S OVER!!! As far as the car, I think it had to break down to make me realize not to neglect what we have, to feel like I am truly starting fresh (not having it for a week then getting it back is like getting a new car!), and it brought Gwen and I together again as friends. So I am actually happy it happened, even if it did cost $1000 pretty much when all was said and done, BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN I NEED IT TO BREAK AGAIN THANKS!!! It also showed me that people are here for me. Mom loaned me $400/300, Gwen whipped out $100 at the end there, and Wanda was there texting and emailing through it all. I thank you all so much for your support.

Do enjoy today's PaD! My Cloudgazer is up there in my favorites now, whether y'all like it or not! As Dane Cook said, "You don't have to laugh, this one is for me."

2 comments:

O_o said...

anytime! I'm always an outrageous text away!

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

WOOHOO!!! Especially since most of my texts are pretty crazy anyway... But crazy is always a good thing anyway!