Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Friday, March 21, 2008

PaD 13/365: To All the Angels

This first poem is inspired by one of the greatest angels in my life (see PaD 13.33 for that), and it's about what an angel is to me. That's pretty much all I need to say!

----------------------

TO ALL THE ANGELS


I was raised to believe there were angels.
“They watch you and protect you,” I was told.
“They live in the heavens and look down.”
I'm sorry to say I just wasn't quite sold.

Now I recently realized angels do exist,
But they didn't look down upon us.
Instead, they see us as equals and inspire,
When we feel most desperate to cuss.

And angels certainly don't protect us, either,
Because life isn't something to be shielded from.
We have to be pushed to face adversity,
Learn our lessons and never succumb.

Our angels aren't faceless beings,
But instead those we love so dear.
The people we can depend on,
Or randomly call upon when we need someone near.

To all the angels to the world,
To all those who care and who love,
To all those who listen and spark us,
YOU are the embodiment of heaven above.

2 comments:

O_o said...

praise for the angels! they do so much for us and this is a very fitting thank you.

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

Yes! Well, whenever I hear you remind me of that, and to breathe... it's what I think of.