Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

PaD 3/365: "Let Me Park In Peace!!!!"

So, once again past midnight, although this time I actually wrote TWO poems. Only one is going up today though, the other will be 8/365, since it was inspired by my muse but not really ABOUT my muse... And since this is supposed to be a week ABOUT her, it will have to wait, and I had to write another!!

This time, I'm very proud of the idea behind it, but the execution is perhaps a little lacking. I don't know, I'd say it's okay (and yes, I threw off the scheme a bit on purpose! It is supposed to be representative of the pleading going on, how one rambles as they plead. This poem takes the requirement of being about my muse/groupie, then mixes in an inside joke (what else is new?) and also my car! A threefer!!! (Not a reefer, a THREEfer... Damn people, jonesing for that next hit that badly?). So anyway, here goes:

-------------------------

LET ME PARK IN PEACE!!!!

I'm sorry officer, my car won't start,
Come on, won't you have a heart?
Besides, I see all those tickets in your car,
$1,501,366 in fines, haven't you gone too far?

You know, I started patrolling the streets too,
But I don't think I'll ever catch up to you.
I have but only four vehicles to your six,
A problem that will take a good while to fix.

At $125,101, I've not even 10% the cash you do,
Which means I'm not even qualified to polish your shoe.
And those toe socks? I can just forget it,
But that's why there's pavement I've got to hit!

And how can one who has a love van
Be so quick to ticket this man?
All I want is to put my blue car in your “Black cars only” spot,
Cause I mean, come on, it's the only place it's got!

So the next time you check the cars on your street
And see one of mine there, please don't give me heat.
So I'm parked illegally, I'm not trying to hide,
And with my driving record you shouldn't be surprised!

3 comments:

O_o said...

i WAS jonesin' for a fix....of poetry! ha ha ha

it was good! as just the words...its fine. But all the inside jokes and whatnot...its slightly schizophrenic.

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

woohoo! schizophrenic means the true me has finally come through! and that its time to push myself harder! day off today for #5, hoping to make this a big one

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

oops typo: this is #4 coming up, not 5...