Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PaD 17.33: Package Buddies

Okay, so this is what my day centered around - the best part of it all - so I had to write this poem in dedication. I said before I'd write more prose about the great Wandaliciousness, and here's one for something new she's become: my package buddy!

--------------

PACKAGE BUDDIES

Facebook, IM, text, the “other Facebook.”

Practically all the ways to communicate.

Unless two cans----with-----a-----string count,

But across the country, I'd have to debate...

Then I get home to find a fabric covered box

Inside an envelope, oh my, it's so great!

Oh, and Raspberry Chocolate and yummy coffee,

I must add, are most assuredly the perfect bait.


Now we're package buddies, package buddy,

With both giving and receiving as the perks.

You send to me, and then I send to you,

That's just the way that it works!

Then you send more back my way, and once more I do you,

Until we each have a collection of gifts,

And I don't know about you, but no matter what I get,

All I have to do is look at it, and my mood suddenly lifts.


So we mail random stuff that only we'd appreciate,

In boxes and envelopes and packages and shrink wrap,

And we make nifty wrapping and gussy it up,

Then we take our mailing labels and put them on with a slap.

It's like a never ending game of interstate tag,

Except we have to pay the government to send it.

Make sure they know if it's valuable to insure it,

And if it's fragile, make sure they don't bend it.