Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

PaD 8.5/365: Big Sister

I swear, I almost ALWAYS like my second prose more. I'm gonna have to start writing a throw-away one and then the real one; the second one is more... ME. More natural. Less forced.

This one is about the ultimate reality show heroine. I won't mention her loss on The Apprentice to yours truly (oh wait, I just did), but because of her wins on Top Chef, Big Brother, Amazing Race and even Survivor (YES, she caved and did it since there was someone special to help her through it, after promising to do all the gross stuff!), she was given her own show! In fact, it's such a huge one that it has literally taken over the world - EVERYONE plays it, whether they know it or not! You may call it karma or fate, but really it's.... BIG SISTER!!!

-------------------

BIG SISTER

Everyone says to watch your back,
“Big Brother is watching” they say.
But the one thing that they don't even know
Is that Big Sister is studying your day.

She's got a frillion cameras in her room
And she watches em all simultaneously.
She even puts thought bubbles and funny lines
On the parts you live so lamely.

The scary thing is that it's all a game,
It's even got a host and producer
You've gotta win challenges to keep household head,
Cause it's life on the street for the loser.

I still say I've got the perfect prize,
And that'd be to live in that booth shes in.
But she's selfish with her frillion screens,
Trust me, if she wasn't, I'd kill to win!

But it's not just the competition she catches, oh no,
She sees every intimate detail.
Changing, getting freaky, clumsiness and drama,
Sorry, there's no point in whining and wailing.

She's lived their lives vicariously,
Hell, she practically even knows em!
And you want to know the scariest part?
She's even watching me writing this poem!

2 comments:

O_o said...

some say that wanda might like this prose

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

Some say she might?
Well I hope they're right.
If only we knew either way.
But then, only Wanda can say.