Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Monday, March 17, 2008

PaD 9.5/365: The Hero's Hero

I almost started this one the same way I've done so many times before: "This is one of those poems inspired by my muse." LOL damn, maybe I should just tell you when something ISN'T inspired by her. Okay, so anyway, the concept here is that despite this man being so tough, so strong, so brave and courageous, he doesn't do it to save his fellow townsfolk, he does it for one woman.

Also, my muse is a fan of the soldiers, so while this is rather further back in time, if she were placed there, methinks this'd be her story, told from the guy's side :)

--------------------------------

THE HERO'S HERO

I stand before the gates of town,
Hordes of soldiers behind my back,
They surround me, cheering, applauding,
We have resisted their attack.

I am lifted, hoisted above their heads
As all the remaining foes run.
My sword is dripping with their blood,
My armor glowing in the sun.

My people welcome me as the hero I am,
Parading me through the town streets.
Minstrels and bards sing songs of my deeds,
Singing these words with voices so sweet:

He's killed dragons,
banished wizards,
And defeated evil trolls.
He's fought dark knights,
Killed the cyclops,
Even scared off all the moles.
Axed Cerberus,
Drowned sea serpents
Took down huge bugs and giants.
He is our hero,
Golden savior,
Our champion most reliant.

But they'll never know I do it not for them,
But for a hero of my own,
One who is strong of body, mind and spirit,
One who'd sooner deserve my throne.

She is the one who waits when I return,
The lady I love with my all,
And I'd sooner crusade to the ends of the earth
Than even imagine her fall.

I know that I'm a warrior, not a poet,
So my words may not quite fly true,
But I carve these words with the blade of my quill
To show my love for only you.

2 comments:

O_o said...

i luff it! its great!

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

You do? Yaaaay LOL I honestly figured that'd be one you DIDN'T like too much.