Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

PaD 15/365: Cheat Code

This poem has a deeper meaning too, but it is much more obvious. It was fun to be able to go by my inner geek again though, woohoo!!! The last six lines are together on purpose. Each set of two before this is its own step; these six go together to wrap it all up.

Also, for anyone who is curious, I posted the meaning behind yesterday's haiku in the comments so that you can't stumble on it unless you want to.

-----------------------------

CHEAT CODE

I was playing this game, nearly made it to the last stage
Cause I'm the only one who can free the princess from her cage.


I've leveled up, gained experience, man my guy is so bad!
But I poured my soul into it, every free chance I had.


But now sixty hours later, I can't get past this boss;
I've tried over and over, and every time I've lost.


So I found this cheat code that would help me play:
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A.


Now my character is living in prosperity
With unlimited gold, strength, defense, HP and dexterity.


I finally managed to take down that bad ass mofo,
The way he went down made for a hell of a show.


Now the game was easy, so I flew through the last levels
Stabbing and burning and smashing the devils.


I reached the last boss, oh boy this should be unreal!
But thanks to the code, not once did I have to heal...


This was it, this was supposed to be the best part,
The culmination of all the work from the very start.
I wish I had saved before I used that code, man it bites,
How my experience and leveling suddenly became so trite.
But next time no matter how hard it is to bear it,
I'll make sure that I do it all by my own merits.

2 comments:

O_o said...

i LURVE it!!!

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

WOOHOO!!!! LOL games + poetry = me!