Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

PaD 19.5: Eternity

Yeah, it's a love poem, so sue me. It was actually a lot of fun, although it was one of those where I think I spent TOO much time on it trying to make it better, but meh, gotta start somewhere, right?

----------------------------

ETERNITY

I sit weary, crestfallen, somber, jaded

Both my heart and my body enveloped, shaded.

When my eyes behold the most incredible sight:

A woman most gorgeous glowing in the light.


My eyes catch hers and hers catch mine;

The most gorgeous shade of brown you'd ever find.

Normally I would turn, fearful, and withdraw,

But instead I am captive, hers, enthralled.


With the slightest of motion she raises her hand,

Fingers waving, before on her wine glass they once more land,

And my sadness was then, by feelings most define, eclipsed,

When a smile most radiant and glorious danced across her lips.


'To hell with reservation,' I thought as I arose,

As my body trembled, hardly able to keep on my toes.

Avoiding the urge to beat a hasty retreat,

Until I stop, parched mouth, and ask for a seat.


A chuckle and grin and a “Go right ahead,”

My heart beating once more, oh good, I'm not dead.

I sit, the light beating upon my skin,

Unable to conceal the joy I hold within.


We talk and laugh and revel in fun

Until both dinner and dessert are done.

And my smile is just impossible to hide

When she asks me to “help her” walk outside.


Once at her car, she gives me a wink

As she gives me her number, the real thing I do think.

We will have to meet again,” She says as she smiles once more,

And the jokester inside me resists the urge to scream “SCORE!”


Then it happened.

The greatest moment in my life.

Past, present and future.

EVER.


I reached out once more, this time holding her hand,

Fingers intertwining, as I pulled her close.

Our eyes closed simultaneously in anticipation

And our lips met, soft, sweet, tender, heaven.

Every curve, every line of those sweet lips memorized,

Arms moving behind her, tugging close in desperation.

We simply held each other close, relaxed, breathing,

And we never stopped...

For eternity.

1 comment:

O_o said...

awww. beautiful!