Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Friday, March 21, 2008

PaD 13.66: My Greatest Enemy

So this one was actually inspired by PaD 13.33. It's about the worst enemy one can face. Before you get to the last stanza (which is why I put it so far down) try to figure out who I'm talking about. Free cookies for anyone who guesses!

*** Oopsies, I had changed the previous line to rhyme and flow better, and didn't realize I was repeating myself. The line with *** was changed.

---------------------

MY GREATEST ENEMY


You have fought me at every turn,
Laughed at my every blunder.
Slow to compliment, quick to chide,
Tearing all hope asunder.

I knock at your door in the pouring rain,
You send your dogs and turn up your tv set.
All that want to mend what we have,
I'm not ready to give up on you just yet.

Yet despite all this, I love you.
I need you, I live you, you are my all.
So why is it that you can't see****
How I cry when you cause me to fall?



















I look in the mirror and all that reflects
Is weakness, fear, flakiness and greed.
How do I survive in such a cold world
When my greatest enemy is me?

2 comments:

O_o said...

I'd like a batch of oatmeal raisin please!
why is our greatest enemy so....challenging???

Charlie/Chuck Jackson said...

HAHAHAHAHAH damn your intelligence.

I don't know, perhaps they're right on "familiarity breeds contempt" and we are too familiar with ourselves. Maybe we spend too much of our life thinking of others, idolizing, that we assume we must be nowhere near as good. Maybe they were right in Dogma, and we as human beings feel the need to feel tortured for things we did not do in the first place.