Relay for Life: Join SAGTA and Help Change the World!

Relay for Life is an event the American Cancer Society holds, in which we try to raise money to fight cancer. I have joined my Muse's team: Super Awesome Game Team Alpha, or SAGTA. It is my mission to help raise as much money as possible for it, so please help me, help us, help anyone who has or will have cancer! All Adsense links on this page and my website (Prose a Day) from now until August will go toward it, in addition to any donations you may make!

To check out my profile, click here.

Or to simply make a donation, click here. Thank you so much!

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Prose a Day Begins! First up - The Frog and the Monkey

Well well well... So it begins! 365 pieces of writing, one a day for a year. I just bought today two domains - theworldofchuck.com and proseaday.com. I'm really surprised no one had taken proseaday.com yet! JoCo really started it with his Thing a Week, but his are songs, so they take much more effort and so I figured daily is more fair. I plan on getting proseaday.com up tomorrow, although tomorrow is my long day at work - 9:00 to 20:00 - and so I may just write my prose and collapse. Either way, if proseaday.com isn't up by the end of Wednesday, then... errr... I'll write TWO pieces of prose a day for a week! theworldofchuck.com will follow shortly after, but will take a bit longer, being a much more comprehensive page.

I promised a week's worth of prose for the inspiration to all this (NOT JoCo, the other inspiration), and also the recipient of my last poem, simply titled Wandaliciousness. So, without further ado, the first of seven poems about her! This one is actually inspired by Google Talk. See, she uses a frog as her image, and I use a monkey. So what if it was a real frog and monkey? And what would happen if a monkey fell in love with a frog, how weird would that be? All these thoughts ran together, and so I present: The Frog and The Monkey!! Please note though, that the rhyme scheme is pretty much the exact same as the last ones... I will need to read some poetry so that I can get ideas for poetry that DOESN'T go just like that... Weird suggestions always appreciated, and challenges accepted!

--------------------------

Hello there, sweet frog, pleasure to meet you,
And please, don't be scared, I'm NOT gonna eat you.
I write this to you to make you realize,
That despite species borders I simply can't lie.
I've always loved how you dance on your lily pads
As I've swung branch to branch with all of the lads.
And I know it's not normal for a frog and a monkey
To speak to one another, in fact it's downright funky.
Hell, we speak different languages, you and I,
Yet I can't help but want to take you and fly
Through the tree branches and show you my world
Of trees, bananas, bears and squirrels.
Show my little green friend off, I don't care if it's wrong,
Just ride on my back, right where you belong.
Oh, and worry not, Greenie, for bugs to eat,
Even my fur is full of their crunchy, tiny meat.
And so, buggy-eyed dear, I close just as I began,
Telling you all I can in this one poem's span.
I have loved you ever since I first saw you there,
With your slimy green skin and absolutely no hair,
And I want you to know that my love never stops,
Not in the span of a frillion froggy hops.
I want nothing more than for you to love me back,
For if you did, happiness I would never lack.
If you feel the same, then my life will be pure bliss,
But until then, I seal this note with a lingering monkey kiss.

1 comment: